Mrakovic Meat & Deli
Originally from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, our family moved to Canada in the mid-1990s after fleeing the wars of the Balkan region. Mrakovic story begins not long after we started to call Canada our home, when our family started preparing and selling smoked beef goods using a recipe that’s been in the family for generations. Mrakovic Meat & Deli opened doors to its Etobicoke location in 2003, and we have never looked back.
What started as a small butcher shop with a small grill has grown into an operation with its own meats production facility, bakery and a restaurant. Mrakovic brand has become synonymous with exceptional quality and outstanding customer service. Our suite of truly authentic foods guarantees to satisfy taste buds of those looking for foods made by their grandmother as well as those looking for a brand new unique food experience. Over the last 20 years our product line has widely expanded but our commitment to high quality has never been stronger.
Our meats are only purchased locally from Ontario suppliers and delivered four times a week. We only process and sell lamb/ veal and beef that is hormones and antibiotics free. Large volumes of goods produced and sold ensure that we consistently receive fresh meats and ingredients. Our commitment to quality and freshness means that we will not sell anything that we would not eat ourselves. Our production facilities are provincially inspected on a regular basis, thus giving us the ability to also sell our products to other shops and grocery chains. Mrakovic products can be found in over 30 shops across Ontario.
Our line of in-house produced meat goods has expanded; Mrakovic meat plant proudly produces:
- Authentic Sarajevo-style Fresh Cevapcici (made daily) – available on the grill or fresh for you to barbeque
- Dry-cured and smoked beef cuts
- Dry – cured and smoked beef sausages
- Smoked veal sausages
- Dry-cured and smoked Sheep
- Beef/ Veal / Lamb Burgers – Sarajevo-style Pljeskavica (Made daily)
- Freshly roasted lamb
- Traditional Balkan style bread (Lepina)
- Nutella and Cheese filled rolls
- Famous Balkan style Burek – tasty baked filled pastry made of thin flaky dough known as phyllo or jufka; our selection of burek fillers includes Meat, Cheese, and Spinach, Potato and Meat / Potato mix
*Please contact us for further information regarding wholesale opportunities
*We will cater our freshness to your next celebration such as birthday party, wedding or just a get together with friends